The entire day, I've been taking pictures with my mind and wondering
if they could be my "picture of the day". There was an orange 1967
Chevy van (with a tire on the front grill) that made me smile and wonder where its destination was. Next,
there was a brightly colored leaf that stuck briefly to my car's windshield wiper and
then blew away. I could only imagine what a lovely story it could've
told about today. But my mom suggested something earlier today and I knew I had to
snap a few pictures.
A short time ago while riding
with my family, I commented that I would like to walk the linear trail
sometime. I'd walked it with friends and family before, but it had been forever ago. I know for sure that I haven't walked it since I
left for PNG so it'd definitely been awhile. I've also been trying to
encourage my family members to get out and exercise more... as well as
myself.
Therefore, it surprised me slightly when my mom
said that we should go walking on the linear trail today, rain or
shine. I had been looking forward to it for much of the day. It ended up
being my mom, my sister, my dog, and I. We wondered if we'd get rained
on, and we did. Thankfully, we didn't get drenched.
At
one point, my dog saw a squirrel hesitate right in the middle of the
path. My dog became still suddenly. Then, slowly, he began to creep towards
it (almost like a lion while stalking its prey). It cracked all of
us up, and I hope that moment never fades from my mind.
When
I got the camera out to take a picture, we all were walking. Posed
pictures have their place, but I wanted some action. I took three
pictures, but for some reason (though it doesn't show our faces), I
liked this one the best. Walks shouldn't be stopped very long to take
pictures or living in the moment doesn't really happen. Thus, in a
culture that selfies are on the rise, there is a hope in me to walk past
pictures of me simply posing (although that may still happen
occasionally) and be present wherever I find myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment