Friday, October 10, 2014

Glossed Colors: Photo #1

It had been a little while since I'd picked up my camera. I guess in PNG I felt like it was almost a job to take pictures. If I didn't, how would I have an awesome newsletter every other month? I don't know how many people actually read them, but I enjoyed writing them... and my pictures were great reminders of what I'd been doing throughout each month or two.

Since being back, picture taking has felt "lessened". I take some on my phone, but even then, there aren't too many. Honestly, I haven't blogged much either. I've been thinking through my life a bit lately. I mean, I still don't have a full-time job (though I am getting short-time jobs in which I'm grateful). I have began writing goals and "to-dos" out before each day so I might have more of a reason to get out of bed and stay that way.

I don't know about you, but I need incentives and fun things to look forward to. Even cleaning in order to help out my family will do. I'm usually very motivated when it comes to other people's expectations as well as creative possibilities.

Anyway, many friends of mine have done a photo-a-day kind of thing for a year. Let's just say that I've got some friends who take GORGEOUS photos!!!! When I look at some of my stuff, it looks just okay as compared to their stuff. However, for some reason, the thought has come into my head... and once I grab hold of an idea, its hard to let it go.

So on a day like today, when the rain poured down on the plethora of colors that Autumn so beautifully represents, I couldn't resist. I suppose there's something about rain that makes me want to sip a hot beverage while attempting to capture what I glimpse, breathe in, listen to, and feel and translate them into words that will probably never do it justice. That's where the picture comes in. Perhaps it can contribute to what words lack.

And thus, the picture is what I saw out of a window. It was while my Mom and I went to grab my brother something to eat (before he went off to escort a friend in a parade and the homecoming half-time of our high school's football game). Yes, it was a bit wet, but he looked good (wouldn't let me take a pic) and took an umbrella.

I must preface this challenge I've made in my head first. Each time I put a picture up, I have no obligations as to how short or long my words may be. I look at this as somewhat of a snap-shot journal of each day. Its so easy to get into a routine of simply stating, "this is what I did today... for the record", but I do hope for more.

So, Cheers!! ...to beginnings of trying something new... and seeing how long I keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment