Friday, October 17, 2014

Soup: Pic #8

The one day the sun finally came out, I got sick. I managed to eat breakfast and care for the dogs that I'm dog-sitting, but after that, it hit me.

I had to stop on the side of the road where the fresh air helped a bit. When I made it home, my stomach had waited long enough. After I had nothing left in my stomach, my brother got me some water and it settled for a while... until I got up in order to lie down. That's when it didn't want to tolerate water either. (I promise, I'm trying to be delicate on this topic.)

Thus, after hours of pain, body aches, and throwing up, my insides began to ease up. I figured, either way, I needed something in me, so I made what everyone makes when sick: chicken noodle soup.

So far so good. And with a bit of soup along with plenty of raised prayers, I've begun to feel better. (Does this count as something that would be in "Chicken Soup for the Soul"?)

No comments:

Post a Comment