Tonight was Trunk-Or-Treat and I had a blast! I didn't really get to walk around and see the other trunks, but I had my pirate theme all decked out (if you'll excuse the pun). I had my Jolly Roger hanging up, a skeleton stretched towards a chest of gold coins, a spinning hook toss (with glowing rings), pirate-y music playing, the verse from Luke 12:34, barrels/fruit drinks to give out, and, of course, my costume.
All at once, however, tons of kids came. Giving out the barrels AND helping kids play the hook toss was a bit challenging. My sister, her husband, and my brother showed up right in time. Honestly, they took it from there. I was so grateful! They handed out barrel drinks and I did the game. (One gold coin for one ring on the hook.) I think the kids had fun, and I appreciated their sweet comments about my trunk. Praise God for fun and especially for family willing to help out when I become overwhelmed.
No comments:
Post a Comment