Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Listening for God: Pic #6

"What are they doing?", you may ask. Well, believe it or not, we put these eye-covers (scarves and bandanas) on voluntarily. I got to tell my story to the Sr. High class. Mainly, the story I told was the steps I took towards missions. 

This opportunity gave me a reason to look back at how I got over to PNG and who ultimately led me there. I also linked it to how God speaks to us. There are many ways He can get our attention, but I focused on when He steps in and talks directly to us and then how He also puts small directional signs in our way that we (if paying attention) can follow. 

As for what's happening in the picture, its a game. For anyone who knows me or has had me as a teacher, I love making things fun! This game is "Obstacle". I split the participants into two teams. The first team would get blindfolded and wait until the second team was ready. The second team would put obstacles in the floor that the first team needed to avoid. The second team would decide who they would be calling to (within the second team only), but could not say their name. The first group had to figure out who was giving directions for them through all the other directions. It links to how we must listen for God's directions through the other voices of this world. 

One of the students decided we could try to make things harder, so for round two, we made up sounds in place of commonly used directions. I guess, if you're working in a different culture and language than your own, it can have more barriers to what needs to be done.

In any case, I hope they had fun and learned something. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment