Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pushing Buttons and Changing Colors

I woke up to a crisp morning that had crept into my room.  The warmth I found in my comforter and the rest behind my eyes didn't want me to leave my bed.  After resetting my alarm twice, I decided it might be a good idea to get up.  While trying to get dressed, a sharp pain pierced my right side (on my back) along with a bruise-feeling in the middle of my back.  When I would breathe in the cool air in my room, the pain would be there.  Not good.  I turned on the heater and the air units in the house.  After that, the pain subsided (except for the bruise that has yet to show itself).  (*Why do I keep getting bruises?!)

One of the main reasons I had to fight myself out of bed was because of the fact that I'm running sound this month in church.  This was Homecoming Sunday which makes that a little more complex, and I had almost forgotten about helping to lead a song!  I ran out the door and prayed my way down the road, hoping I wouldn't be late.  ...or caught for temporary speeding here and there.

Thankfully, I made it and everything was well.  This Sunday (as well as last Sunday), I've done sound while Robbie does the visual side of things.  Though we don't get to hang out much, I enjoy working the booth with Robbie.  Whenever one of us messes up, the other is right on top of it and we joke about stuff like that.  I also really like running either sound or visual because I like making things run well and know a bit about tech stuff (a little).  (*Why else would I love making movies and such?!)  Plus, Richard was in the booth helping us (primarily me) out.  He's a pro at our tech stuff and is a hilarious person to be around!  Pushing buttons and such is worth it!

After eating, driving back home, and cleaning some guest rooms, I began thinking about blogging.  Its like a new toy or something.  Anything new needs to be scoped out and time seems to be spent in what is not routine---finding the ways of what is "new" to us.  So I'm here again.  Its good to write.  Plus, as of right now, I have no readers so there's no pressure whatsoever to edit, sensor, or please anyone.

I can't help looking outside!  God is so great at colors!  I love the colors on the trees that seem to paint all of outside!  Their colors are changing, but maybe mine are too!  My favorite color is green still, but I usually don't wear white (yet find myself wearing a white shirt today).  I actually wear too much black... but since Halloween is coming up, that's not a bad thing really...





I think I'm still changing too.  There are things that will remain the same, but yesterday, I was thinking of how shy I was in elementary school... and now (if you compare that "me" to now's "me") it seems like I'm wild and crazy.  I'm not as wild and crazy as some others I know, but I'm not much like I was then.  Maybe that's why girls/women change their minds so often.  We're constantly changing and growing so we always have to figure out what's "now" or what may even be a little later.

No comments:

Post a Comment