Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Forgiveness

All day, I've gone on to the next thing.  Class.  Cleaning/Work.  Avon.  Errands.  Picking up Danielle.  Church.  Dropping off Danielle and Nick.  Its been crazy.  Therefore tonight, I didn't really imagine things hitting home.

I told someone I would teach their class for this Wednesday (the 6th-10th grades).  Last night, I really started thinking about what to teach on and talking it over with God.  I flipped over to Luke 11 (where the Lord's Prayer is found).  The section stuck out to me and then I saw it.  Verse 4.  I had read a friend's blog that had talked about God forgiving us in the measure we forgive.  It struck a nerve.

I've been struggling with forgiving this one person.  Someone who hurt someone very close to me.  She's forgiven him.  I'm trying, but its not easy.  I thought I'd do the lesson on forgiveness so I could learn more about it too.  Out of nowhere, there he is.  He shows up AT CHURCH!!!!  What?!?!?!?!  I wasn't even prepared at all.  Suddenly, these feelings of keying his car, throwing something at him, or telling him just exactly what I think of him came upon me.  I mean, he parked right next to me.  No, I didn't do anything bad to him... just ignored him to the best of my ability.  He even came and sat right in front of me at dinner!

I hadn't gotten my food yet, so I went outside when I did (and sat with my youngest brother).  Class went well and it was really fun too!  I got them to think and we played a game afterwards!  I made me think too.  After getting done with class, I went outside and chilled with my class (and the younger class).



Then, there he was again!  He came up right in front of me!  I was talking to my Mom and I refused to look in his eyes.  I answered him when he talked about what I was talking about, but I didn't want him to think I was okay with him doing what he did.  

I've asked the class I taught to pray for me on this issue.  I could use your prayers... and any helpful advice.


On a happier note, I got Nick talking on the way to his house.  I usually can get small answers out of him, but by the time we were at his house, he was talkin' it up!  It made me so proud!  I love seeing people open up!  I love getting people to talk!  (Especially quieter people ---though he's not quiet when my other brother is around him!)

No comments:

Post a Comment