For most of the day today, I've felt sick. I've done what needs to be done at my job(s) but other than that, have found myself laying down on the couch or bed. My Dad called this morning and asked if he could take me out for lunch. Any chance I get to hang out with him, I try to take. I don't really get to see him much (because he works second and I don't live at my parents' house), so I love spending time with him.
He picked me up, bought me soup at Jason's Deli, and we chatted a bit. He even gave me the rest of his baked potato for later! One thing he did, that surprised me, was open the car door for me. I can't really remember a time that he went out of his way to open the car door for me. I've never thought about it before and really didn't care. If it takes more time for a guy to open a door for me (when I don't have things in my hands), then why do it? Still, Dad opened it and said that he wants to let me know how guys are supposed to treat me. Super Sweet!!!!!! I don't think he understands how much that stood out to me! I used to even fuss when guys tried to help me, but I've finally begun to realized that I want others to let me help them... so I have to let others help me. Thanks Dad!!!
After lunch, cleaning, and checking people in, I lay down again. My Mom had called me to say she was bringing over a package from home after work; when she got here, she said she was going to the store. I hate grocery shopping and have been trying to avoid it as long as possible. Every time I go alone, it seems to take forever! I wanted to go with her though. Company is always so much better and I love hanging out with her. Its almost like she's my best friend! We did our shopping together and it went so much faster! When we went to the checkout, I tried to pay for my stuff. It didn't go through so I was going to take something off. I had put some money into my checking account just today, so what went wrong!!!???!!! Mom went on and paid for it! I used to give people hard times when they'd try to pay for something for me. Once again, I've tried to pay for someone else and want them just to accept it as a gift. I try to do that now too. (But don't think that I won't take her out to eat or something later!) Thanks Mom!
I've got wonderful parents and love them lots! Little things done in love are bigger and louder than you'd think.
Really quick, a couple of other special things that happened today: a squirrel came up on the porch where I was standing. It was maybe 1-2 feet away. It stopped, stood up, and just looked at me. I asked it what it was doing... and it just starred. It might creep someone else out, but at that moment, it was just cute. Another thing, when my Mom came over, she brought me some books. My family is cleaning out their outdated books in their library. Thomas, my youngest brother, was looking through some of the books they were getting rid of. There were a few medical books. He told Mom that I needed them. She said that I'd probably get other medical books, but he insisted that I should have these! So cute! I love me brother!
Thank you God for the caring people (and cute squirrels, I guess) that you sent me today!
No comments:
Post a Comment