WARNING: For any guys attempting to read this and thus not understanding the title as mostly meant for girls, you have been warned. Whatever you find in this may be over your head or might plainly freak you out. Its your choice: read or stop now.
There is something very freeing about buying really cute underwear. Bras are just a bit more expensive, but its easier to find good prices on outrageous or frilly panties. I would not really write about this on something that almost anyone can see, but to the ladies that share this fascination, know that you are not alone.
My Mom and I were on our way to the mall in order to find some "special" things for a coworker who's getting married soon. Mom needed me there. Her boss couldn't make it (because of pain from a tooth) and had asked if my Mom could pick certain things out for her. Let me just say that we had to go into Spenser's and Victoria Secrets (two places I usually never go). I don't mind VS but everything is a bit too expensive. Spenser's has neat things right up front, but making a journey towards the back makes me super uncomfortable (probably because I feel my innocence slipping away from me).
Anyway, we got the stuff we needed and headed over to Penny's. I love the sells on underwear so we began our search. There was a young girl there with (I'm guessing) her grandma. I could tell she was a bit uncomfortable being there, but she started warming up to us (since we were all digging through the options). Its almost like we began to bond with other women around good priced undies.
Every time I've bought panties and wear my new purchases, I feel pretty. Though no one will see them except me, its a freeing experience. I also told my Mom that I feel like she's my best friend right now. Its totally true. We hang out and I can tell her things that others would probably feel I'd need to let a counselor or jury know. (Not seriously, but people would think that I'm more insane than I let on normally). Its good to have her as a friend and a Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment