For those who wonder if I'm serious about following through, here's something just as a follow up on my "Forgiveness" post.
"You're really..." "Blunt?" "...honest. 'Blunt' is more for people intentionally trying to hurt someone. 'Honest' is someone being truthful and willing to work things out." "Hmm... I never thought of it that way."
Yep, I needed to talk it out---talking out all (and I mean ALL) of my issues with this guy. I'd texted him asking if we could meet alone. In my mind, I needed somewhere there would be people but no one listening in. We met in a parking lot. I wanted to talk to him alone so I wouldn't have to wonder if I was offending someone else. I could just be plain honest and lay everything out on the table. We went through every issue and he let me know his side. It was good and enlightening. After the conversation, we talked about a few other things about life. It worked out well.
I had gone there disliking (probably even hating) this guy, and afterwards left with the possibility of being friends. We're not there yet and it'll probably take a little time, but we're on our way. More importantly, I'm on my way to total forgiveness of this guy. Its even more freeing than buying underwear (if you've read my last blog---unless you're a guy). :)
No comments:
Post a Comment