I want to write in a way that its interesting to others. I seem to have lots of odd experiences, so come check them out!
Saturday, November 1, 2014
Christmas in November: Pic #23
I could tell something was different when I woke up this morning. I'd heard the forecasts the previous night, even saw some snow beginning to come down before bed, but I didn't give them much credit. There had been too many times when I would expect snow, look out my window, and frost would be it. Honestly, I didn't really like the thought of muddy, rainy, cold weather already.
I suppose that's what surprised me and kept me from returning to sleep in a bit more this morning. It was like Christmas was here early! I didn't think I had missed snow so much. After being in PNG for two winters, I hadn't seen snow in two years. I was so pumped up that I let the dogs out and in, fixed my breakfast, and ate it while staring at the snow. I felt like a kid who'd been waiting for snow forever.
Honestly, I've never been one that enjoys cold winds and slush, but if its going to be cold, it might as well snow! And not just snow, but stay for the day at least. (None of this... hmm, how to say it better... nope, I can't think of how... "half-ass" it stuff. None of that, and please do excuse the term. I honestly can't think of a better way to phrase it.)
Anyway, I even got to the point of playing some winter/Christmas songs. Now, to those of you who have your rule of not playing that kind of music until after Thanksgiving, I respect that. Why skip over a perfectly good holiday... but honestly, I will also do as I please in this and it just felt like it must be done.
On this day, I went out with my mom to purchase a few things. It was an adventure for sure and I'm pretty sure we caused our fair share of trouble in each and every place we went (there were four). In any case, it was a beautiful day, and I was enthralled to be surprised by such a day. (PS Time change happening tonight I'm told.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment