Monday, November 17, 2014

Cure for a Zombie

Do you ever feel like you're a zombie? Its like you can move and go throughout your day, but you're really not very "alive".

Lately, I've been feeling like this quite a bit. I can be super busy or doing nothing, and yet I can totally feel my brain slowly rotting as I get on social media, sit expressionless in front of the television, or don't see much of the sun. Its not about bashing social media or even media in general.

In fact, it was on a social media post from a friend that I was inspired to try again at making changes in my life.  (For example, consistent exercising, practicing guitar, being intentional about time with friends, and all those forgotten New Year's resolutions.) My lovely friend shared the following link and said she'd thought of me while reading this. If you take time to read it, I hope it touches you as well.

http://velvetashes.com/we-are-women-who/

When my days, from my point of view, look boring, unproductive, and ineffective to help people in some way, its a personal downer. "Will another day be wasted that I can't get back?" It can be hard to pick myself up the next day and say, "let's make this day better than the last"... but here, out of the ashes of a seemingly dead life, I am challenged. Challenged to look at the person I am, or was, or want to be, and regroup.

Life should not be pathetic and was never meant to be! I don't know if you may have felt like I have. Maybe so or maybe not. If so, I ask you to stand with me as we help each other get up and try again. We are not alone and we have so much life to live.

I guess, when I write all of this, I want to point out a few things:

First, it takes effort to truly live. Like the song "Try Again" by Aaliyah says, "If at first you don't succeed, you can dust if off and try again. Dust yourself off and try again." (I love the beat of the song!!) Life can get monotonous, so let's find and create ways to spice it up again!

Second, we mess up... and quite a bit if I may add, but it's just as it says in the "Dark Knight" movies. "Why do we fall?... so we can learn to pick ourselves up."

And third, we are not alone. As Luna Lovegood says (in Harry Potter), "Well if I were You-Know-Who, I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone, you're not as much of a threat." We can make a difference if we understand that we are not alone. Praise God, because He's with us too!

So how do we cure the zombies inside us? Wake up ...and see above. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment