Many people have said "I eat, drink, and sleep..." fill in the blank. Well, tonight, I experienced something close to this.
As I gazed out from the balcony, the lights grew dim. The band took their place on stage and the conductor followed. Compared to an orchestra (which is more formal), jazz bands are more laid back. You can clap, whistle, and cheer when you're moved. Through the songs that made one want to sway (at the least) or possibly even grab a partner and start swinging up the aisles (at the most), people were moved to motion.
I, on the other hand, found that motion wasn't enough. When notes were played that stirred my heart, I breathed the music in. I could taste it on my tongue and see vibrant melodies with my eyes. Music like this allows me to feel myself truly alive. Like many people, music connects with me, but I don't just like music. I breathe, taste, and feel it through my being. God has blessed me with music and speaks to me with it. How does He speak to you?
what a beautiful description of a great genre! I would say that God speaks to me through repeating situations, if that makes sense...I think he's still working on it :)
ReplyDeleteGod's always tweaking stuff... its not always a huge change, but I like that about Him. I totally got cha on Him speaking in repetitive instances. Ditto for me too!
ReplyDelete