Tonight, I had the opportunity (as I have had once or twice a year) to hear an orchestra. Strings, percussion, and piano. Beautiful!
The songs played were a various assortment of dark and happy, adventurous and calm, as well as recognizable favorites and new. Through these notes on paper, stories are told. Each person has the potential to visualize experiences that are usually not the same as the person sitting next to them. Each is unique from the same piece of music!
At one point, my mind told me to jump off the balcony and float on the music to the top of the room. I also had the urge to begin singing to songs that have no words and that I had never heard before. Luckily, I didn't... Only in my mind. Music is very influential and can speak without words.
If you haven't gotten to listen to an orchestra live, you need to try it! Next, is jazz ensemble!
What orchestra did you see?
ReplyDeleteI really want to see Jon Hopkins (composer) sometime. You should look him up if you haven't heard any of his stuff. I think you might like him.
I'm thinking it was the Milligan College orchestra. I will totally look him up! Thanks for reading!
ReplyDelete