Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cloudy Day from October

There’s something about rain, listening to James Taylor, and staring in the face of a huge task and thus wanting to procrastinate that makes me more inclined to sit with a cup of coffee or tea and write a blog. Plus, the fact that I’m missing (once again) my beautiful Tennessee Autumn time and the cool crisp in the air increases the inclination. I feel like a little child throwing a fit inwardly, constantly repeating “I don’t wanna! No! I don’t wanna!” So here I am. At the beginning (again) of this task that will change who-knows how many times and will have to be redone (not just tweak) over and over. Is it worth it?

To the guys that traveled on a PMV for hours, probably. For those they will take the literacy kits to, most likely. For the possible change that all of this can effect and the feed back to make it better, sure. But absolutely for those who will learn how to read their heart language and be closer to interacting with God’s Word, it is worth it. So, I start... again. Like a continuous board game that goes around and around, I’m going again. I’ll be back to the States again one day... but for now, I’ve got a job to do. Let’s pump up the jam...

What a somber day. Yes, after some conversation on what word to actually use in describing this rainy day, that’s the word. Not depressing necessarily, but solemn with a bit of gray. One of those days I just want to curl up in a blanket (or something lighter, being here in the tropics... though it can give off the feel of being cool) and read all day. Almost a do-nothing day. Thank the Lord above that its Friday!!!!!!!

“You gotta get up and try, try, try...” ~P!nk  Yep, who knew this’d be a motivator?

No comments:

Post a Comment