Sunday, December 22, 2013

Motivations (blog from November)

We Christians seem to have a few unspoken expectations... and yet I suppose, at one time or another, they are spoken. A big one is “God is first”. I don’t disagree and, though many may put on a front to fulfill this expectation for those who have it, this post is not about them (and I’m including me in that because I’ve done it too).

Lately, I’ve been needing a bit of focus and motivation. When I mess up while cooking (has been happening way more than usual recently), I need something to spur me on so I can try new recipes or at least get the ones I’ve been living on right. When I’m at work, I strive to have enough focus to complete the huge task that I’m hoping to complete without boredom (I’ve realized that offices aren’t places where I focus best). Even exercising, I need that bit of motivation to push myself when I’m getting tired (and sometimes motivation to do it in the first place).

For things like caring for dogs (that aren’t mine and for those that are...), that is motivation enough. I’m not saying I want to be an official “dog trainer”, but being with people and cute animals, outside, and getting to move around really makes me happy.

But for now, back to what my issue is. I find myself doing things for others. God is a part of that, but shouldn’t he be all? ...ya know, the whole reason for why I do things?

No comments:

Post a Comment