Sunday, December 22, 2013

Not about Phil

I can’t even count how many comments I’ve seen about Phil (from Duck Dynasty) and his interview that stirred up so many people.

What grieves me the most is all the divisiveness. Its almost like “which side are you on” and that makes me wonder about something bigger.

From our government’s arguing back and forth from Democrats versus Republicans (and “closing the government), to which way the toilet paper should be on the dispenser (yeah, that’s even a subject of debate among some... wow), there are always going to be disagreements. I’m not saying that we should all become apathetic, let others run us over, or not fight for what we believe in. I do think, however, that we’ve forgotten a great bit of wisdom: we can only control ourselves.

In this holiday season, it is SUPPOSE to be a time of Peace and Love. We are the “United” States, but for years and years, we don’t really act like it. I guess the question that’s on my mind is: why can’t we state our reasoning, disagree, accept others’ viewpoints, and stop bickering? Give it a rest after that. Everyone seems to have stated their piece. Now let’s chill for a bit and enjoy our diversity, our freedom to think, and get back to the one thing that trumps everything: Love.

If we agree to disagree and thus become united again as a people, we have more of a chance to out-ride the hardships that this world can throw at us.

So, what cha say, America?... Peace?

No comments:

Post a Comment