Almost every night, I try to find time to go on a walk with Toby. Its kinda "alone" time for me to think things through, get back with people (by phone), pray, enjoy the sunset (which is a love of mine), wind down from the day, and train my dog at the same time!
Well, tonight, after walking my one dog, I decided to walk all three of my cousin's dogs (at the same time). There's Brutus (Rottweiler), Briley (somewhat of a Retriever/Lab), and Boston (type of Cocker Spaniel). I've watched some of those dog training shows like "Dog Whisperer" along with training videos. I haven't (however) seen one person taking a group of dogs without help. For the most part it went really well!
A few problems were when we passed by the "yappy dogs" (four little toy poodle things that have to continually bark until you're past their gate) and when the dogs saw a bunny. For the first problem, they got more tangled and Briley wanted to eat the little yappy dogs because of all the noise they were making. I would've let them, but they're not my dogs (and are behind that gate). For the second problem, the first bunny was fine. The second bunny only caught Brutus' eye while a bird caught Briley and Boston's attentions.
By the time I got them back home, they were working together (much better) and way tired out! I guess its kind of like how God has to teach us, correct us, untangle us, keep us focused, and help us to work together. We're the ones who make things more difficult with distractions we choose to focus on, pulling too hard forward (without waiting on Him), stopping or turning back, and things of the sort. The only thing is that God doesn't have us on a leash. We choose. ...but He feeds, prepares, and cares for us. Why not have a relationship with Him?
No comments:
Post a Comment