Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shocking? Sow What?

What a day!  As I drove back from class, my head was spinning.  I had begun my Bush Mechanics and Electronics class and it is an all-day thing.  We learned about ventilating a house in a hot climate (like PNG), talked about batteries/solar panels/inverters, did calculations about watts/volts/amps, and made a working circuit.  From so much to soak into my head, I was a bit fried.  The entire day, we'd also been sticking energy readers (little metal things) into outlets--one thing Mom always said never to do.  I wasn't the only one on alert for getting shocked.

Throughout the day, I hadn't had much to eat (and had had coffee and cookies for the snack times to keep me alert), so when I got to the house, I was shaking.  I ate peanut butter crackers to hold me until dinner (which I made it to).  After eating, I walked Toby and he got dirty; so I gave him a bath.  Right after it was done, he sniffed the electric wire and got shocked.  I calmed him down (poor baby).  ...and then (when I had brushed him) he did it again!  You'd think he'd learn!!!!

I got cleaned up and got ready for bed as he dried the rest of the way outside.  Toby was dried off after a while and came in.  I kept him in my room as I watched part of "Swords" (swordfish fishing) with Josh.  When I walked back into my room, I found he'd ripped one of the legs off of one of my little cousin's toys!!!!  Thankfully, I knew where a sowing kit was!  I was soooo mad at Toby (and he knew it too).  After sowing it back up, it didn't look too bad so my anger subsided.  I don't think anyone will really notice that the leg had been off.

At the end of the day, I'm super tired, but all that needs to be fixed is fixed and I've learned quite a bit too!

1 comment:

  1. ...now Toby thinks every wire is going to shock him. He's freaking out and jumping on my bed thinking that will get him away from it. I had hooked my computer up and he refuses to come to that side of my bed. Any advice to get him not to freak out so much yet to stop touching the real wire? (I have to literally drag him outside and he runs and hides when he knows I'm about to put him out there.

    ReplyDelete