Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Can't Breathe

Have you ever tried to go without air?  When I swim and have to hold my breath, I can do alright (as long as I'm not freaking out).  Since I now live with my cousin's two little girls (4 and 5 years old), I've seen how they're learning to swim.  One plunk under the water and they start squirming (even if I've already pulled them up).  Its our nature to strive for air and a thing we don't think about too much unless its suddenly taken from us.

Right now, I'm finding it hard to breathe.  Before, I've had stress that led to hyperventilation.  I've also had sickness where I found it more difficult to fill my lungs and had to use an inhaler for a brief time.  At this moment, it feels more like the sickness, but brought on my allergies.  It started a few days ago (Monday?), but it didn't happen yesterday.  Its happening again tonight.  This time, I'm coughing more.  There's almost a weight in my chest and I've got wheezing.  It could be that a little bit of fluid got into my lungs.  When I cough up anything, its clear so no infection.  I just wish it would stop.

I'm so tired... like exhausted.  It helps if I'm standing or at least sitting up.  One thing with having this and not living alone is that I keep others up.  I'm not for that, but really want to breathe and want sleep.  Too bad my inhaler is nowhere to be found.  I'm thinking drug stores are closed and EMT calls are a bit expensive (just for a nebulizer... though I don't know if its that severe).

There are two reasons I'm writing this.  One:  simply for the fact that I'm having to stay up until this passes and needed an outlet as well as something to do.  Two:  there are so many things we don't even think of and therefore take for granted.  One thing is the Word of God.  I got to see a video today where people finally got the Word in their language delivered to them.  They were celebrating, singing, dancing, crying, praying, and praising God for how He can speak to them in their language now.

Lets not forget how precious every breath of life, smile, color, word, (fill in the blank), etc. is.  When we do and its taken away, we'll be gasping for it and wonder why we didn't notice we were breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment