It never fails. I got a fortune cookie saying I'll have an exciting surprise. I got this cookie after much of the following happened... so I think I've had plenty of surprises to last me for a while.
After already kicking a guest out for drinking alcohol in the room, smoking in the room, and not paying for two nights, I had to kick the same guest out again. At first, I thought he had forgotten to pay me (as some guests do) and so I left him a reminder with a time to pay by (or he was not going to be able to stay here anymore). I didn't get the payment so I went up to his room. He was at an appointment and thus wasn't there. I went in and saw (and smelled) the effects of smoking in a room. I began cleaning and airing out the room. While cleaning, I found the alcohol (along with food that should be kept in a refrigerator instead of at room temperature... yuck).
I got a call from someone over at the hospital who told me that the guest was worried about the deadline of the payment and that he was admitted for medical reasons (meaning he wouldn't be able to get here in at least 24 hours). I told them that he could come to collect his belongings and leave his key, but he could not stay here anymore because of breaking the conditions.
About a week later, the rooms aren't going to be needed (on one of the nights). On nights like this, I try to be as loud as possible whether having a dance party by my self, turning up the tv, or even talking out loud in a higher volume. I lock the front door and turn out the main lights (since no one will be using them). I had gotten ready for bed after doing the above, but had smelled this smoke smell all day. As I got into bed and was reading, I heard a few light thumps from above my room. This was the room the guy had stayed in before and had not brought back the key. (*Praise the Lord that I didn't have anyone else staying in that room!!)
I called the police/security in order to have someone go check with me... since I'm a girl and am not going to try to take on another guy by myself if there's backup that I can call. He came over and I told the cop the situation. I gave him the key so he could open the door before me. We found the same guy that had been there a week ago... smoking, drinking, and with an altered mental status. The police guy made him get his things and leave. I went to get his other things that he had left last time. He "couldn't take them right then" and would be coming back to get them later. ...so I took his key and started cleaning... again.
He finally picked up the rest of his things today. He's a nice guy, but needs to get his mind straightened out a bit so he can make better decisions than that.
On top of this, I've had recent guy drama and constant sister drama. The fortune cookie now says that there will be a secret romance in my future. Maybe I should stop reading fortune cookies...
No comments:
Post a Comment