Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Visits

*Hope:
So it starts.  Friends are going to be in the area and they might even come visit you!  Texting happens, calls occur, and either you find out that they are not going to get to see you or you move to the next level.
**Anticipation:
You start planning what you might do when they come.  You look around and decide that you want/need to clean or at least tidy up.  You think about food options (where to go eat or what to eat "in").  You get together things that you meant to give them a week or a year ago and say to yourself "don't forget to actually give this to them!"  You give them directions a few times and constantly find yourself looking out the window to see if they're here yet!
***The Visit:
You greet your friends and maybe meet new ones.  You catch up on things that've happened since you've seen each other and learn what's new.  You give them a grand tour of where you live (whether its practically a closet or a mansion).  You share inside jokes or fond memories and realize that you're super hungry!  You talk about what's good around and (after much debate) the decision is made to go somewhere that serves food.  You eat but with much socialization.  After you're done, you realize that you still need a little more time together, so you go to a hang out spot and play a game.  Once someone triumphs, you show them around to a site or two in your city and then head home.  More talking, chilling, and possible picture showing happens and by that time, its almost time for dinner.  They've got plans to go somewhere so you get goodbye hugs and see them out.
****Withdrawal:
Its empty in the house now so you have to take your mind off of it.  You feel hungry so you start dinner and pick out a movie to see.  When you so to choose a film worthy of taking up an hour or two, you find that your friends left something behind.  You give them a call and they say they'll come get it after dinner.  You eat dinner, watch your movie, and start working out.  
*****Second Hope, Anticipation, and Visit:
You get a call that they're on their way and so repeat some of the "anticipation" and "visit" stages  (since they have brought another person that can take the tour!)  These stages go faster since its later at night and they're a little tired.
******Second Withdrawal:
You resume your workout until you feel you might pass out.  You're so tired now that the withdrawal isn't as bad as before.  You take a shower and do your routine before bed.

This was most of my day today!  Eric and Caitlin came and visited... and later Paul did too!  Its been a great day!  ...and I've learned that I put lots and lots of exclamation points all the time when I write.  Hmm.  And so I will always look forwards to more visits and more friends.

2 comments:

  1. hey, I don't check my blog as often as I could...but I think that Return of the King is a better movie overall, but Voyage of the Dawn Treader had some really good scenes, and was a good movie, I may be visiting soon...so, wanna do something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I saw "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and it was really good! I think we should totally do something! I'll text you!

    ReplyDelete