I usually tend to wish winter away. After a while of so much cold, I begin to want the warmth back. Cold just gets to me. I don't like having a runny nose, dry skin, and having to wear a big, poofy coat. Snow is good, but after a while, I really start missing the green grass and ability to keep my shoes dry. Most of the time, I find myself cold (even in seasons that aren't winter) and that feeling makes me sleepy and drowsy. (...and who likes to go through a day like that?) Today, though, was a bit different.
I had a few errands to run and had to drive much slower than usual since there was snow and ice everywhere. I got most everything done and went to my parents' house. I got to see my dog and my family's other two dogs. I let them out and tried to chisel the ice out of their water and food bowls. I (with help from my brother) got hay into their dog house, filled their water, and gave them food. At one point, I slipped in the snow and fell on some wood pieces. My first thought was "oh great, now I'll be totally wet as I drive home"... but it didn't turn out that way. Since I thought I was destined to get cold and wet, I thought I might as well do it right; so I played with my dogs in the snow, pushed snow off of the dog house, and so on. The interesting thing is that (as I came inside), the only things wet were my shoes and gloves.
Once my reservations about getting cold and wet were gone (or rather, when I thought it had already happened), I had more fun with the snow. I didn't even feel cold! I somewhat smell like a dog, so I should probably go take a shower soon. But still... Why is it so hard for some to just stop worrying and have fun? ...even in the dark, cold winter things can have beauty and excitement!
No comments:
Post a Comment