Today, I went out to find my car completely iced over! It took a while to scrape most of it off so I could see in order to drive. When I was cleaning off my car, I looked down. Beneath my boots was a layer of ice and on the other side I could clearly see leaves that seemed to be floating on a layer of water. I wasn't on a pond or anything (just my parking lot). I laughed to myself and continued scraping ice. Ice (when I picture it in my mind) seems clear and beautiful. It can break too easily at times (which is why you have to make sure where you skate is safe).
As I began driving, I knew that I had to be a bit more careful than most days I drive. Ice and slush seemed to be all over the roads and I didn't really feel like getting into a car accident. The thing about ice is that its hard to see at times. I turned left at a light and found my car moving in its own way (and not the way I was hoping for). I didn't crash, but merely slid into the lane (a bit more out of control than I'd like). Ice may be beautiful to the mind and the eye, but living with it in real life is something totally different. Its like a lion. In pictures, they seem lazy, cute, fuzzy animals. In real life, they can kill things that run lots faster than I do. I was driving back to my house and realized some branches had fallen into the street (some big branches). The ice had made them way too heavy so they caved under the pressure.
Temptation is like ice in the winter. It looks pretty and may even be invisible to some people. It seems harmless, but once someone starts on its path, one can slip and fall easier. Its harder to stop once you are going faster and can even break people. Some think they can see pretty clearly through it, but it distorts the real thing and leads people incorrectly. You might be getting the hang of skating through life, and then the ice breaks.
Beware of ice.
glad you're okay!! Temptation is like ice! it's beautiful, but once you fall in, it's not all it promises to be... miss you girl! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you too! Thanks for reading! Love ya! ...and tll me about your life sometime! <3
ReplyDelete