Frodo Baggins once said, "I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee; here at the end of all things." We all know that the movie didn't end there. In fact, it had many fade-outs that made one think it was the end, when, in fact, it just kept going for those of us who apparently need more closure than others. In the same respect, I write to you tonight.
This week is the end of all things... but not. Sunday was the last performance of the Christmas Choir (for me anyway). Monday was the last day for Language Acquisition and Tuesday (today) was the last day for Foundations of Ministry. Tomorrow will be the last day of Ministry to the Muslim World and Thursday will be the last day for Church Planting. This isn't all, though.
Saturday will be the last day I'll be living in Texas (for a very long time as I can foresee as of now) and many people are heading out tomorrow (back to their homes for Christmas and/or going to the mission field). Even now, I just experienced the last episode of season 10 of Stargate SG-1 (which I have loved and hate to have it go).
Just like the movie of "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King", this is not the end. Also, within that movie was a wonderful quote from Gandalf: "End? No, the journey does not end here." I know he's primarily talking about death, but all of life is a journey, and a journey implies many transitions. That is all this is. This time is a transition. Though transitions are difficult, they are a way to progress and lean on God even more. There is nothing else more steady for a world with so many changes, transitions, and journeys.


Alright... so another few things to add to "the end of all things: just saw the last (7th part 2) Harry Potter (and loved it); and am saying "goodbye" or at least "see ya later" to people around here. Hard stuff...
ReplyDelete