We pulled into the driveway around 1am EST on Christmas Eve and it felt wonderful to get home! We've had Christmas celebrations, quality time with family, and I got to go see people at church whom I love. Mom, my sister, and I sang a trio, and tonight, mom and I went to a zumba class (that was free).
One special moment I had today happened after mom, dad, and I went to the laundry mat. We had put the clothes in to wash and walked to a convinent store next door. I got some french vanilla cappacino while mom and dad got soft drinks. When we walked out the door, there was an employee that was coming back in. She had a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of vodka in the other. She threw away her smoke and said that she found the bottle behind the store. She then asked us if we wanted a shot of vodka... and then said, "I'm just kidding!" I later wondered if she was kidding about offering to share or if she was kidding about finding the bottle (that seemed to be hers). Oh how I love being home!
The world is filled with so many interesting characters... as well as laughter from what they say. Its so good to be home!
No comments:
Post a Comment