Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pop-Out Episodes

Gosh, I love just to write... not all the time, of course, but its just good.  I had my hot chocolate, finally got candles burning, and watched me some Stargate SG-1.  Its amazing what that show has done to me just today.  Earlier, I watched an episode that was about a parasite that made you sleepy.  SG1 had to stay awake or they might die.  (Don't worry.  They found the cure in time.)  Honestly, after that, I couldn't stop yawning. 

Another episode that I just watched reminded me of those scary movies you watch around Halloween.  There's a creature hunting you and you have to kill it before it kills you!  It had humor in it, though, so I don't think I'll be having nightmares. 

One over-arching theme in that same episode was slowing down and getting some RnR time (rest and relaxation).  Mitchel did that differently.  He was usually at ease in action and such, but he didn't know how to stop what he was doing and just be.  I think more people can relate to him.  Its super healthy to chill and take time off.  God kinda wishes it for us too.  Its not all about doing, but being... and then doing will follow. 

Find what your "candles and hot chocolate" are for you.  Some of us need practice in just existing and taking it easy.  P-E-A-C-E.  Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment