There's something about writing while wearing more comfortable clothes, slipping a warm drink (preferably chai tea), having low-lite ambiance, and occasionally glancing out the window as the sun sets and weather becomes more nippy. I feel like I haven't blogged in a while, and its totally true. I've been "too busy", reasoned that a newsletter was a good enough update on my life, or determined I wasn't going to write simply because I felt guilty about not writing. So why am I writing now? As I see it, things change everyday, and so do I. ...thus, I've decided to stop not writing... and write.
This time of season is romantic to me. Its intimate. Hugs are warmer. Candles seem to shine brighter as do campfires. Holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving tend to bring people together for tighter community. Colors change to become vibrant and senses appear to heighten. Summer drifts away with the cool breeze that now whispers through. There's no more needless vanity or comparison on the beaches. Sweat is replaced by cozy scarves and hats. Mela-drama and parties are superseded by festivals and s'mores. Things slow down in our mind and become sharper, whether or not that's completely factual or just our imagination.
Fall reminds me of coming from Papua New Guinea into Australia (2008). Over a brief amount of time, heat turns to a chill, and I found a spark of unforeseen joy light my heart. Don't get me wrong. I love to be warm. Why else would I have gone to PNG. However, I was going "home" and the feel of fall crispness touches so many meaningful memories within me.
I suppose the season of Autumn also reminds me of starting school. Seeing old friends again, getting into a new routine, learning more, and smelling new school supplies and books overwhelms me with excitement! (Although I've got tons of books to read for my current classes, I cherish the knowledge that lies within them. I usually find peace just by being around many books.)
One can try to describe what they treasure about something like Fall, but in my experience, it all comes down to preference and experience. I like the color green because I do. Autumn may have deeper logic, but we enjoy it, because we do. God knows what seasons we need and when. What is your season?

No comments:
Post a Comment