Sunscreen, check. Water, check. Camera, double check. It was a beautiful day on the 24th of August and perfect for heading to a cultural show. I’d been to one before (last year), but the one I went to wasn’t as densely attended as this one. As our group stood in line to get in through the gate, another group (all dressed up, dancing and singing) passed us. What a way to make an entrance! When we got inside, there were many different groups practicing their traditional “singsings” (dances and songs). Various groups were painted and dressed up, some in bright colors, others in more earthy colors. After a while, it was slightly overwhelming.
Through the assorted groups and styles, I got to step back and see what Papua New Guinea (and more over, all of the world) is about. There are many ways to do one thing and we’re all so different. However, through all of our diversity, we are the same. We are flesh and blood and spirit. We desperately seek our purpose for being here on the earth. The great thing is that God has revealed what that purpose is. Exalt God and care for others. (Matt. 22:37-39) I thank God that He has made us all unique. Life would be boring if He hadn’t. But I also praise Him when we can come together in unity despite our differences.
No comments:
Post a Comment