Its been a while. Quite a bit has changed since I last wrote in April. For one, I'm in Papua New Guinea. Yep. I'm finally here. I've kept up with writing a newsletter either every month or every other month. For anyone wanting to catch up on what has happened within the past seven-ish months, let me know and I'll send you my newsletters through email.
I'm working in Madang now with PBT (Pioneer Bible Translators) and am loving it! I trained in POC (Pacific Orientation Course) for 14 weeks (or around 3 months), took a week break up at Ukarumpa (in the highlands), and am back in the lowlands (Madang).
There are so many wonderful people here. I'm hoping that I can really step up to the challenge of what lies before me. God has been bringing people and situations together for literacy to happen in a big way, and I get to be here to see what's taking place. A few main people who have been working on this (in order to help things come together) will be leaving within the next year and I'll be the one to pick this up and run with it. I'm praying for the courage and strength from God in order to do this effectively.
When I got here after my training and week break, I started getting oriented, but got the chance to jump right in and helped with a curriculum course. It was awesome, but I'm still in the process of finishing the orientation process. I'll get there some time.
As of now, I'm learning how to drive stick-shift and thinking about getting a motorcycle (something like this picture...). We'll see what happens. So lets see if I can step it up and take a ride. This is the land of the unexpected, ya know.


No comments:
Post a Comment