Thursday, March 24, 2011

Clean Out

I've been going through everything.  Each time, I end up getting rid of about half or more of whatever I look through.  See, I'm getting excited about the next adventure in my life where I move out of this job and area all the way to Dallas.  Its a wonderful feeling to get rid of things that I don't need!  There are things that are sentimental, but only the super important things get to stay this time.

I have realized that I'm very much at home here.  I love having my own place and having places for my things.  This upcoming opportunity, though, is giving me another chance to not be complacent and also letting me organize (which I'm finding is a huge passion of mine).

In 2 Samuel, I've been reading about David.  I'm almost to the place where it talks about him and Bathsheba, but up until that, I can't help finding how much David strived to please God.  He had a pretty hard life while running from Saul.  Still, God took care of him and he gave God the honor and glory and praise.  From a shepherd boy to a soldier to a king.  David, though stressed at times and seemingly always on the move, took time to praise God and clean out what he didn't need (like Saul's armor when God was already fighting Goliath for David).

I doubt that God wants us to hang on to things we don't need.  There is the physical "stuff" that we need to take the time and go through it in order to feel accomplished and cleaner.  In the same respect, there's the spiritual "stuff".  My life gets pretty busy and, therefore, its easy for me to put off what I really need to deal with (whether spiritual, relational, etc.).  After starting, I feel freer and am able to take on a new adventure for my life that God will help me to grow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment